Leadership opportunities abound!
- Want to help plan next year’s events?
- What about updating or designing SCUBMES’s website and taking pictures?
- Or, want to manage the budget of the club and plan fundraisers?
- Or, do you like to take notes at officer’s meeting and keeping other officer’s up to date on various things?
Then, come to this week’s Club Meeting to find out how you can become an officer!
What: General meeting
When: Thursday (April 25), 6:30 PM
Where: Casa room 7
See you there!
SCUBMES working on Rats and Sheep Hearts as part of a dissection event on 4.18.13 with Dr.Sundarum.
SCUBMES does Community Service - S.H.O.E.S. Event on 4/11
This website hasn’t been updated in a while, but things are about to change, because we have been planning some important events for you, our members! First off, a couple of our members, as well as some students from Tau Beta Pi (the National Engineering Society) helped out at a local San Jose family shelter for SHOES. SHOES stands for Supportive Housing Outreach for Engineering and Science, and as part of this program, we helped the young, eager, and enthusiastic children there learn about the cool things that science can do!
If any of you are interested in participating in more outreach events such as this one or would like to do this one specifically in the future, let us know!
Email us at: email@example.com with your thoughts!
Winter Club Fair aka Club Involvement Fair
- Couldn’t make the meetings to BMES last quarter?
- Wanna still keep up with the club and find out about current and future events that we have planned for the rest of year?
- Want to be more involved in your club?
Come to the Winter Club Fair and looks for us inside or around Locatelli today!!
What: SCUBMES at the Student Involvement Fair
When: Tuesday (Today) January 15 from 7-9pm
Where: Locatelli Activity Center
Why: to be more involved with the club and find out about future events that we have planned
See you guys there!
SCUBMES Executive Team
Update: New Sponsors = more opportunities for members
We are proud to announce 2 new sponsors for the upcoming Winter Quarter and for the near future! It is our privilege and honor to introduce Princeton Review and Agilent Technologies to help us bring more purposeful and substantive opportunities to our members! We have included their links in our “About Us” section as well as at the end of this post.
With the new sponsorship with Princeton Review, our members that are following the Pre-Med track and anyone else with an interest in pursuing a medical degree, the Princeton Review has provided the following benefits for our members:
- $200 off classroom prep courses for MCAT/LSAT for members only
- $100 off classroom prep courses for LOL, OL, Tutoring or SGI for members only
- free GRE/MCAT test prep books for members at info sessions
- Members get 1 Free Course for every 5 people who sign up!
We hope you guys find these resources useful and helpful!
Your BMES Officers
Incorrect Date for Celebratory Dinner!!! See this!!
It has come to our attention that our most recent email that we have sent out regarding the date for the BMES Celebratory Dinner is incorrect.
This email is to clarify that the Celebratory Dinner is on Monday, November 5 at 5:30 pm NOT November 1st.
So, once again: the date of the BMES Celebratory Dinner is on Monday, November 5 at 5:30 pm.
What: BMES Celebratory Dinner
Where: Wiegand Room (Arts and Sciences Building)
When: Monday, November 5 at 5:30 pm - 7:00pm
Bioengineering Seminar Series - Dr. Stephen Rubinstein
Interested in Medicine? Interested in disease? Interested in patient contacts? Well do we have a special seminar for you! This Tuesday, October 16, Dr. Rubinstein will be giving a talk about Chronic Sinusitis Treatments. He is associated with the Camino Medical Group and will be discussing how bioengineering play an integral part in the treatment process of curing Chronic Sinusitis. If this sounds something in your realm of interest, or have any free time what so ever, come join us for an educational and interesting evening!
What: Seminar talk by Dr. Stephen Rubinstein about Chronic Sinusitis Treatments
Where: Daly 201
When: 6:30pm - 7:30pm (note the NEW TIME!!!!)
Hope to see you guys there!!
Bioengineering Seminar Series - Dr. Carl Simpson
Hello Everyone! There’s a seminar today in Daily Science 201 at 5:30pm. Guest Speaker is Dr. Carl Simpson who is the senior head of the Bioengineering Advisory Board (Composed of industry connections, CEO’s, prestigious researchers). He has worked in the medical device industry for over 40 years so he’s definitely a connection you should try to connect with and ask questions.
BE THERE or Be Square!
2nd Meeting Recap - 10.4.12
Alot of interesting things took place at today’s meeting so here is a brief synopsis of what went down along with a few pictures for your viewing pleasure!
- Membership and t-shirt package
- The national membership costs $30, but we will subsidize the cost. $25 will get you a t-shirt size of your choice as well as National Membership! The shirts will be of American Apparel quality and will be very comfortable to wear.
- The front of the shirt:
- The back of the shirt:
- Introduction of committees: we are thinking about setting up 4 committees to further promote more interaction amongst the members and officers in the club. It is also a good resume building activity and will help you become more involved in the club. The following committees are going to be formed:
- Event Planning
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining any of these committees
- RPI Grad School Info Night: Thinking about a master’s or PhD in the near future? A representative from RPI (Rennselaer Polytechnic Institute) will be present and will answer any and all of your questions about admissions to its graduate programs and what kinds of engineering programs they offer.
- When: Wednesday, October 17 from 5:30pm - 6:30pm
- Where: Bannan Engineering 305
- Other: RSVP to Christina Murray (email@example.com with Subject line RPI Grad School Info Night at SCU) if you are certain that you will attend
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Gerardo Noriega (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bios: Dr. Noriega is an accomplished entrepreneur with over 25 years of experience in developing and manufacturing medical devices. He was the founder of ReVascular Therapeutics as well as GVMED, LUTS Technologies, and YAWA-Med. His first company, ReVascular Therapeutics was recently bought by Boston Scientific. He has extensive knowledge in the various fields of medicine as well as exposure to various developing technologies. As such, he has been able to demonstrate rapid proof of concept by introducing products for assessment at clinical centers worldwide.
- Today, he talked to us about the new Biogineering Research Seminar Class that is being offered this fall. It is a Seminar Class where noted speakers across the full spectrum of disciplines of BioE come to our campus and give a lecture presentation about how BioE is actually being applied in the real world. He urges that anyone and everyone who wishes to go further along in the studies of BioE to come to these Seminars so that we can get exposed to the breadth and depth that this field offers. He also suggests that anyone who is thinking about looking for a job after their 4 years here at SCU should also attend as it offers practical experience as well and could benefit those who attend during the interview process in the job search process.
- Clarification: You don’t have to formally register for the class to attend it. If you just show up and actively participate during the discussion part of the lecture, you will benefit immensely.
- Schedule: **Every Tuesday from 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm in Daly Science 201**
- Picture Time: